The Euphemist

Reflections on Jewish Studies and many other subjects big and little, by a perpetual student who sometimes searches a little too long for just the right word ...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Christian, truth seeker, husband, son, brother & uncle, Lutheran pastor, musician (cello, etc.), Jewish Studies grad student, intellectual historian, aquarium enthusiast & pet owner, philologist, astronomer, Norwegian-American, Ford pickup driver, buffoon.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Prayers

Prayers for those suffering in the Gulf Coast region, bracing for another hurricane.

Prayers for a young woman having a very difficult time adjusting to the rigors of basic training in the USAF.

Prayers for a family who have just lost a loved one to leukemia.

Prayers for a 5-year-old girl dear to us, severely dehydrated from the flu - it's happened before.

Prayers for a man recovering from an injury.

Prayers for a nearby town of 2,000, rocked by a senseless murder of a 26-year-old wife and mother - the first murder there since 1983; prayers especially for her family, the family of the perpetrator, and the perpetrator himself - Jesus died for him, too.

LORD, have mercy.
CHRIST, have mercy.
LORD, have mercy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was out searching for school prayer related information, when I landed on your page. Michael you have some good stuff there. While Prayers wasn't exactly what I was looking for I enjoyed the read Thanks. So I'll continue on looking for school prayer, see you again some time.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Michael interesting post. I was looking for Info on prayer for life and I came across your site and while Prayers wasn't an exact match i was most interested to read what you had to say. I was looking for prayer for life infomation, I glad I came across your site I'll visit again sometime.

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michael, I was out surfing on the net looking for the lastest info on pray. Ok Prayers wasn't exactly what I was looking for but it got my attention and interest , now I see why I found your page when I was looking for pray anyway I'm glad I stopped by you have a great blog. Thanks for the read ...catch you later!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home