The Euphemist

Reflections on Jewish Studies and many other subjects big and little, by a perpetual student who sometimes searches a little too long for just the right word ...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Christian, truth seeker, husband, son, brother & uncle, Lutheran pastor, musician (cello, etc.), Jewish Studies grad student, intellectual historian, aquarium enthusiast & pet owner, philologist, astronomer, Norwegian-American, Ford pickup driver, buffoon.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Comment Festival Continues!

It took a month, but my previously announced "comment festival" is under way! Meanwhile, I haven't yet done my "Medieval Judaism" essays (don't worry, I technically have until October, but it would be really, really good to get them done this summer, preferably this month), so it'll be another month of "light posting". But feel free to drop by and leave a comment, question, rebuttal, a picture of your favorite dog or cat, or whatever you are led to do!

6 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Hey, thanks for helping dispell the stony silence! Speaking of mainline denominations, who came up with the term "mainline" in the first place. My impression is that it was "mainliners" themselves who coined the term. They certainly use it alot. A thought that has been brewing for awhile - isn't there something a little immodest about someone proclaiming themselves to be "mainline" (especially when statistically they have been a minority for awhile now, and shrinking fast)? It somehow sounds to me like the Nazis proclaiming themselves to be the "master race".

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're on my mind a lot lately, Michael. How are you doing? Hope you are well.

By His grace,
M2

8:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Thanks for asking, Michael! The short version is, I am very blessed these days, & can also use prayer. I'll try to fill in the blanks sometime soon.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(sound of crickets)

8:49 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

The frenetic pace of my comment festival does seem to have ebbed a bit ...

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, nice design.
And I am here [url=http://phentermine.alldating.org/phentermine.htm]phentermine[/url].
Take http://phentermine.alldating.org/phentermine.htm phentermine best.
thanks a lot.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home