You coax the blues right out of the horn, Meme!
"The concept of memes itself comprises a meme. Even the idea that the concept of memes is itself a meme has become a widely spread meme. However, the idea that the idea that the concept of memes is itself a meme is not yet particularly common as a meme. (Not to mention that, at this stage, the idea makes most people's heads hurt.)"
Another meme I might respond to soon is one about Time magazine's list of 100 best English language novels since 1923. Meanwhile, I was "tagged" by David Holford to do this meme, so here goes:
MEME: GETTING TO KNOW ME
Five things I plan to do before I die:
1. Earn an accredited doctor's degree
2. Do more with music, maybe be in a dinner music string ensemble again.
3. Get back down to a healthy weight (I've already lost 20+ lbs!).
4. Write a book.
5. Pay off all my debts.
Five things I can do:
1. Play cello, bass, banjo, harmonica, vox, etc.
2. Read Hebrew (gaining), ancient Greek (moderately rusty), Latin (very rusty).
3. Speak in public.
4. Design simple but, I think, good web pages.
5. I once successfully changed the spark plugs on my car.
Five things I cannot do:
1. Imitate an Irish accent.
2. Keep my office clean for longer than a week at a time.
3. Speak really fast.
4. Lick my elbows (not that anybody else can ...)
5. Make someone do something they don't want to (I don't understand people who seem to enjoy trying ... it's a battle I haven't the heart to fight).
Five things that attract me to the opposite sex:
3. Desire to live a good life.
4. Ability to discern the truth.
5. Has a relationship with God.
(All characteristics which my wife possesses.)(This is exactly what Dave's friend, the other Dave, put down, & I concur.)
Five things I say most often:
1. I see!
2. As a matter of fact ...
4. We must do this very scientifically!
5. Your attention please! (Several times each time I teach confirmation class)
Five Celebrity Crushes:
Can't think of any, and I wouldn't put them down anyway. I don't know how Dave gets away with this kind of thing. In our marriage it would never fly.
Five People to whom I am passing on this meme:
Right now I think the only person I have to pass it on to is my sister at Ripples of Faith, but maybe eventually I'll share the fun with others as well.